AUT 1115 Automotive Engine Performance I
Operation and service of fuel injection systems. Testing and evaluation of emission controls, on-board diagnostic systems and engine condition. Basic hand tools required. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: AUT 1114
- Test, evaluate, and determine fuel system condition and engine mechanical condition utilizing established tools, equipment and methods.
- Identify, describe, and explain the theory of operation for gasoline fuel injection systems, input and output circuits.
- Utilize 5-gas emission testing equipment to test and analyze tailpipe emissions.
- Test all emission control devices, including EGR, PCV, AIR, 3-way catalyst, cam phasers, and evaporative systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize all engine performance applications of common computer scan tools.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 6