AUT 1116 Automotive Steering & Suspension Systems
Steering system diagnosis and service including front and rear suspension components, wheel and tire and front and rear wheel alignment. Basic hand tools are required. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Perform an accurate four-wheel alignment.
- Identify the various front and rear suspension system components.
- Perform both static and dynamic type wheel balancing on a variety of wheels and tires.
- Pressure test a power steering system and diagnose steering problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the latest computerized four-wheel alignment equipment.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1.4
Lab Hours: 4.8