CAT 1401 Construction Cost Estimating
Construction estimating, beginning with an understanding of the costs of labor equipment and materials, as well as profit and overhead. Quantity measurements of basic construction materials will be used to develop bidding packages. Two classroom, two lab hours per week. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: CAT 1101 OR CAT 1201
- Calculate quantities of materials used in construction.
- Identify common building materials and demonstrate familiarity with generally accepted formats.
- Apply costs for labor and equipment to an estimate.
- Create a bid package using an estimating software tool.
- Apply overhead and profit to an estimate.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2