CAT 1721 Structural Framing Systems
Advanced technical training in wood and light-gauge steel framing systems, including exterior wall finishing and roof construction. Two classroom, four lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate installation of exterior finishes.
- Demonstrate proper construction techniques for wood frame construction.
- Safely use hand and power tools in rough wood framing construction.
- Read and interpret framing and structural architectual blueprints.
- Describe the proper construction of roof rafters and the installation of truss systems.
- Install shingles and other roof waterproofing systems.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 4