CAT 2101 Architectural Design II
Develop proficiency with Revit design techniques, developing architectural models and coordinating a set of construction documents. Includes architectural and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) problem-solving skills. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Architectural Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CAT 1101 AND CAT 1121 AND CAT 1201
- Communicate design ideas to high standard using a variety of visualization and communication techniques.
- Field measure, model and document an existing structure utilizing Revit or similar 3D modeling software.
- Understand architectural design principles and apply knowledge to an architectural problem.
- Investigate, catalog, and comprehend architectural solutions with regard to location, program, form and representation.
- Demonstrate and articulate design skills through an iterative and considered design process, to resolve ideas from concept formation through to design development.
Credit Hours: 5
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 6