COM 2285 Organizational Communication
Study of the theories of communication in organizations. Analysis of the initiation, diffusion, and reception of messages in organizational environments. Exploration of effective communication strategies for work relationships, management practices, and organizational culture.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: DEV 0035
- Demonstrate the ability to apply organizational communication theories and concepts.
- Analyze, adjust, and improve own communication behaviors in organizational settings.
- Critically analyze and apply organizational communication theories and concepts, including culture, gender, power, leadership, change, assimilation, and crisis.
- Define and explain how organizations use mediate messages to communicate to multiple agents
- Describe and explain the historic and contemporary approaches to organizational communication.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3