DEH 1206 Nutrition & Oral Health
An introduction to biochemistry and basic fundamentals of the science of nutrition, the role of nutrition in oral health and disease, nutrition standards and guidelines, nutrition and oral structures, nutrition through the life cycle, dietary analysis and nutritional counseling.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Dental Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Relate the basic concepts of nutritional science to human physiology and general health.
- Describe the relationship between nutrition and oral disease.
- Describe the role of nutrient standards and guidelines for diet adequacy and health promotion.
- Describe the nutrient needs in the development, growth and maintenance of oral structures.
- Relate the role of nutrition for health promotion through the life cycle.
- Describe basic principles of dietary analysis and nutritional counseling as part of comprehensive dental hygiene care.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2