DEH 1303 Lab for Preclinical Dental Hygiene II
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Dental Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Develop dental hygiene care plans for the preventative oral prophylaxis, periodontal debridement, and periodontal maintenance patient and demonstrate the proper clinical processes for completing the patient.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of the various dental hygiene instruments for periodontal debridement and the techniques for sharpening.
- Demonstrate the procedures of extrinsic stain and plaque removal using a slow-speed handpiece.
- Provide a rationale for and demonstrate the procedure for professional application of various topical fluorides.
- Demonstrate the process of completing all dental hygiene assessments, form completions and dental hygiene treatment procedures on a patient.
Credit Hours: 0