DEH 1305 Medical Emergencies in Dental Practice
Principles of general first aid and managing medical emergencies in dental practice. Two lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Dental Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEH 1202 AND DEH 1203
- Describe, demonstrate and compare the techniques and adjunctive therapy utilized in assessment and management of the airway.
- Compare the actions and indications of essential emergency drugs and demonstrate their preparation and administration.
- Categorize the signs and symptoms of patients requiring first aid intervention.
- Analyze health history information to establish a risk assessment profile and determine potential treatment modifications.
- Utilizing appropriate equipment, accurately record basic vital signs and compare the results to established norms.
Credit Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2