EGR 1101 Introductory Mathematics for Engineering Applications
An overview of math topics used in engineering courses: algebra, trigonometry, vectors, complex numbers, sinusoids, systems of equations, matrices, differentiation, integration, differential equations. All math topics are presented within the context of engineering applications, reinforced through examples from engineering courses. Also introduces the engineering analysis software MATLAB. Three classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automation and Control Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MAT 0300 OR MAT 1290 OR MAT 1570
- Solve problems involving applications of integrals in engineering.
- Solve problems involving applications of derivatives in engineering.
- Use MATLAB to solve a variety of introductory engineering mathematics problems.
- Solve problems involving applications of differential equations in engineering.
- Solve problems involving applications of algebra and trigonometry in engineering.
- Conduct a variety of physical experiments using engineering laboratory equipment.
- Write proper technical abstracts for engineering laboratory assignments.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3