EGV 1630 Wastewater Collection Systems
Examination of topics related to the operation and maintenance of wastewater collection systems (WWCS). The course will cover basic concepts related to the inspection, testing, cleaning of pipes, maintenance, underground repair, new construction, administration, and organization of WWCS. Designed to prepare students to sit for Ohio EPA Operator Certifications. Two classroom, two labs hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: DEV 0035
- Discuss the techniques associated with the operation and maintenance of a WWCS. Discuss new construction design and repair techniques.
- Become familiar with the terminology associated with WWCS.
- Discuss the concepts related to the administration and organization of WWCS.
- Review Ohio laws and regulations related to WWCS. Identify local standards that may apply to WWCS.
- Identify the equipment associated with WWCS.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2