HIM 2145 Health Information Resource Management
Planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting and analysis of management systems along with job standards and performance evaluations emphasizing development of supervisory management, leadership and communication skills. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Health Information Management
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: HIM 1110 AND BIS 1221
- Describe short term and strategic planning techniques commonly used in healthcare. Demonstrate understanding of space planning and ergonomic principles.
- Demonstrate understanding of group dynamics, conflict management principles, and employee motivation.
- Demonstrate the personal behaviors, attitudes, and values consistent with and appropriate to the entry-level HIM professional.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic principles of supervision and management as they apply to the healthcare environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a departmental budget and discuss the review and approval process along with monitoring budget variances.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess workflow, determine personnel, equipment and supply needs, develop job standards and evaluate the effectiveness of departmental operations.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2