HIM 2233 Healthcare Information Systems
An in-depth look at the use of information systems technology in the health care delivery system. Includes information security, electronic clinical systems and health records. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Health Information Management
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: HIM 1110
- Demostrate professional behaviors, attitudes, and values consistent with and appropriate to the entry-level HIM professional.
- Identify the characteristics of various technology.
- Describe various clinical and administrative information applications.
- Define the elements of a data security program and understand the role of the health information professional with regards to data security.
- Define emerging technologies and describe their impact on health information systems and patient care.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2