HMT 1129 Restaurant Desserts
Practical application of basic baking ingredients, weights and measures, terminology and formula calculations. Use of mixes and frozen bakery products to create commercial-grade finished products for restaurant service. One classroom, four lab hours per week.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Hospitality Management
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate basic baking skills to include terminology, weights & measures, formula calculations, yeast-raised products, quick breads, pastry dough, and cookies.
- Demonstrate muffin method, biscuit method, and creaming method.
- Demonstrate method when making pies and cookies.
- Demonstrate method of completing and plating four basic restaurant desserts. serving them to the Tartan Terrace guests during service weeks.
- Describe, prepare, and evaluate the quality of a variety of creams, custards, pudding, mousses, and desert sauce in desert applications.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 4