HVA 1241 HVAC Installation Techniques & Practices
Basic practices required for new installation and replacement of HVAC equipment including an introduction to sheet metal skills, and copper and black pipe plumbing. Hands-on skills and code requirements will be stressed along with good safety practices. Includes installation of a complete residential HVACR system. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: HVA 1201
- Describe and demonstrate the safe use of common sheet metal shop tools.
- Complete requirements for OSHA 10- hour construction safety card.
- Describe and demonstrate the safe use of sheet metal and hand tools.
- Demonstrate safe and proper techniques for measuring, cutting and threading black pipe and soldering copper.
- Install a functioning residential HVACR system.
- Locate and state applicable code requirements and list resources required for a proper installation.
- Perform simple sheet metal layout procedures.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 6