HVA 2780 HVACR Engineering Technology Capstone Project
Assessment of achievement by HVACR Engineering Technology students in attaining program outcomes by completing a project demonstrating principles and practices of the major. Teamwork on projects will be emphasized. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Develop all programming, control graphics, and a proper operator interface suitable for proper implementation of developed control strategy.
- Prepare a simplified schematic of an existing system illustrating general operation and equipment placement.
- Review applicable codes and ASHRAE documents to ensure compliance with best practices.
- Check all equipment for proper installation and wiring. Clean, fill and treat water system. Start and operate all equipment.
- Generate a portfolio of equipment operation documents, TAB documents, calculations, communication documents and any other documents acquired or generated so as to show the system was properly commissioned.
- Develop the control strategies for all control loops.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 6