LAW 1104 Employment Law
This course will provide the student with an understanding of current legal issues in the area of employer/employee relations. Emphasis is placed on legal issues that arise in the employment relationship, employment discrimination issues and federal and state regulations applicable to employment law. The use of current events is emphasized to reinforce areas covered in the course materials.
Division: Business and Public Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Demonstrate the ability to identify legal issues in employment law situations,.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact employment law has on other areas of law.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical considerations involved in employment law.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate legal documentation relevant to employment law situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate, evaluate and apply print and electronic sources of law and legal documents for employment law situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal vocabulary relevant to employment law.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the formation and termination of the employment relationship.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal and state laws that impact the employment relationship in the areas of personnel actions, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliatory discharge, disability, employee compensation, and employee benefits.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3