MAS 1192 Lab for MAS 1102
This is the laboratory portion of MAS 1102 Clinical Medical Assisting I and will provide â€œhands-onâ€? aspects of the clinical topics taught in MAS 1102 to prepare students to perform clinical assisting procedures in the medical office, emphasizing patient preparation, medical history interviews, vital signs, positioning and draping, medical asepsis, assisting with physical exams, pediatric assessment, techniques required for patient assessment and treatment during medical office emergencies and the role of the medical assistant in urgent situations with the physician present and also during the physician's absence, theory and techniques of Basic Life Support as established by the American Heart Association.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Medical Assistant Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate the proper procedures in assisting the physician with patients' examinations.
- Demonstrate the proper care and use of medical office clinical equipment.
- Demonstrate the proper procedures of assessing and responding to various medical office emergencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist the physician in the preliminary patient interview.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain vital signs using appropriate techniques and instruments.
- Theory and techniques of Basic Life Support as established by the American Heart Association.
Credit Hours: 0