MEE 2301 Strength of Materials for Engineers
Stress and deformations, torsions, shear and moments in beams, stresses in beams, beam deflections, combined stresses and eccentric loading. This course is calculus based. One classroom, four lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MEE 2101
- Find principal stresses for any state of stress.
- Evaluate mechanical properties of a material with the tensile test.
- Analyze members in tension, compression, shear, bending and torsion.
- Find maximum deflections in beams.
- Perform combined stress analysis using Mohr's Circle.
- Solve for maximum bending moments and stresses in beams.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 4