MEE 2401 Dynamics for Engineers
Kinematics of particles and rigid bodies; acceleration, work, energy, impulse and momentum of particles and rigid bodies. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MEE 2101
- Analyze curvilinear and circular motions in cartesian and cylindrical coordinate systems. Derive tangential velocity and the tangential and normal components of acceleration.
- Conduct kinematic analysis of mechanism. Write relative velocity and relative acceleration equations.
- Solve for variables in linear and angular motion systems.
- Apply dynamic equilibrium equations to solve for two unknowns.
- Solve problems using work and conservation of energy principles.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2