MET 2201 Statics
Analysis of various types of two and three dimensional force systems, analysis of trusses, frames, friction, center of gravity and moment of inertia. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MET 1111 AND MET 1161 AND MAT 1290 OR MAT 1570 OR MAT 1580
- Solve planar and non-planar concurrent, parallel and non-concurrent problems using force and moment equilibrium analysis.
- Solve statics problems where friction is considered.
- Define the resultant of two and three dimensional force systems.
- Determine centroid and moment of inertia of areas.
- Determine the forces acting in the members of trusses.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 3