MET 2401 Machine Design
Design and evaluation of machine elements, design for safety, strength, stability and wear. Analysis and design of gears, shafts, drive systems, mechanical fasteners, permanent connections, roller and journal bearings and springs. A design project including an oral presentation and written report is required. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MET 2251 AND PHY 1131
- Prepare written, graphic and quality specifications for a finished design.
- Present the project concepts, design parameters and results in a small group setting.
- Determine the design, manufacturing and quality requirements for a basic mechanical system.
- Identify and design various mechanical components.
- Separate components into "select" or "design" categories.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 3