MET 2781 Manufacturing Engineering Technology Capstone
Assessment of achievement by Manufacturing Engineering Technology students in attaining program outcomes by completing a project demonstrating principles and practice of the major. Teamwork on manufacturing projects will be emphasized. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Students will demonstrate an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the result of Manufacturing Engineering Technology projects.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to function effectively as a member of a Manufacturing Engineering Technology team.
Credit Hours: 5
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 6