RET 1303 Respiratory Care Clinic II
Enhance clinical skills by performing prescribed therapy, evaluating clinical data, assessing patient status and observing/performing diagnostic studies, rehabilitation, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and patient education in multiple health care settings. Seven practicum hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Respiratory Care
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: RET 1201
- Provide patient, family, and community education while maintaining acceptable professional conduct.
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire and evaluate clinical data and modify therapy to achieve therapeutic objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the cardiopulmonary status of patients and implement respiratory care plans.
- Develop clinical skills by initiating prescribed respiratory care treatments, managing life support activities, and evaluate and monitor patient responses to such therapy.
- Explain and/or conduct prescribed pulmonary rehabilitation, hyperbaric oxygen and perform or assist in diagnostic studies.
Credit Hours: 1
Practicum Hours: 7