Supervisory Skills BSP.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
The Supervisory Skills short-term certificate is useful to students who need to understand the foundation of supervision, no matter in which discipline they formally study. Engineers, business managers, architects, educators, and many other professionals need to understand how to better supervise employees. This certificate includes coursework that is foundational to understanding business and personnel concepts that will benefit supervisors in any capacity. This certificate is most useful for those who are new to supervision or to those who desire to become supervisors.
- Apply supervisory as well as basic managerial concepts common to the efficient and effective functioning of organizations.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to business situations typical in many organizational settings.
- Practice communication skills needed to successfully implement marketing plans.
- Apply legal and economic concepts common to American enterprise as they develop business ideas and supervisory skills.
There are currently no actual or potential articulation agreements. However, many of the individual courses transfer to the business programs of Ohio public two and four-year colleges and universities. Additionally, much of the coursework also transfers to business programs in private institutions.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog