CPA Exam Eligibility: Accounting Component CPAACC.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 24 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2017
What is the program about?
In order to be eligible to sit for the CPA examination in the state of Ohio, a candidate must have 24 semester hours of business courses plus 30 semester hours of accounting courses. This certificate is designed for the student to obtain the accounting courses to sit for the CPA exam. It will provide the pathway for a student who has earned a business bachelor's degree to transition to a career in accounting. If a student has a non-business bachelor's degree, they will also need to complete the CPA Exam Eligibility: Business Component certificate.
- Prepare basic individual, sole proprietorship and corporate tax returns.
- Identify, define and describe practical applications of the concepts, principles and constraints that underlie financial accounting and reporting under GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Identify and use appropriate measures to track business performance.
- Identify and describe the steps in planning and completing an audit.
Employment opportunities in addition to accounting firms, exist in private business and industry as well as not-for profit and governmental organizations. Positions available to graduates include staff accountant, cost accountant, payroll accountant, auditor, tax accountant and financial analyst.
Completion of the CPA Exam Eligibility: Accounting Component certificate along with a business bachelor's degree will allow students to sit for the CPA exam in Ohio.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog