Creative Writing CRWE.S.AA
Associate of Arts - 60 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2020
What is the program about?
The Creative Writing Program is designed specifically for students interested in studying how to write original creative work, including poetry, fiction, and narrative. Students hone their writing skills and learn about the world of publishing in this program, as well. Graduates of this program are well-prepared to transfer to a four-year college or university to continue their studies. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Create deeply-revised, polished works. Demonstrate an understanding of writing as process and craft.
- Demonstrate awareness of voices from diverse cultural, historical and experiential backgrounds as well as self-awareness of factors and influences at play in shaping the student's own voice.
- Create a public presence through traditional and / or non-traditional forms of publishing (magazines and journals, social media, blogs, e-portfolio, etc.).
- Provide effective and constructive critiques of others' writing in a workshop setting. Demonstrate an ability to approach writing from perspectives of self and other in order to establish an inclusive and equitable workshop environment.
Graduates of this program are well-prepared to transfer to a four-year university. Graduates are also well-prepared to pursue a variety of writing and editing employment opportunities.
Completion of this program guarantees completion of the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM). OTM courses are guaranteed to transfer to any public institution in Ohio on a course-by-course basis or in total.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.