Industrial Robot Technician IRT.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automation and Control Technology
Effective as of Fall 2022
What is the program about?
The Industrial Robot Technician certificate provides the knowledge and skills required to meet the needs for technicians in industries that either provide Robots systems for sale or use robots in their production facilities.
- Conduct simple electrical and mechanical repairs on typical electromechanical systems, from replacing wiring, fluid power valving, piping, electromechanical devices, and other items that were original to the equipment in order to return the system to its original operating specification. Also included is the ability to install new systems.
- Integrate into work cells the appropriate robot for the application. Select the necessary end-of arm tooling, vision requirements, motion control requirements, and software for the application
- Diagnose electronic system problems using appropriate test instrumentation, schematic, technical reference manuals and determine if the fault is electrical, electronic, software, or mechanical in nature. After determining the root cause make appropriate repairs.
- Integrate electronic control equipment into CIM environment so the overall system performs to specification. Equipment includes discrete devices, PLCs, sensors, robot application programming, communication hardware/software, and computer related hardware.
This certificate program will provide the education and training necessary to operate, program, diagnose, and repair industrial robots. Graduates will be qualified to work for original equipment/system suppliers as well as equipment/system end users.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.