Benefits of Semester Systems
There are a variety of benefits to the adoption of the semester system. These advantages reach all populations—students, faculty and staff—of Sinclair Community College. With a semester system:
- The process for transferring to or from another college or university will be easier for you.
- Registration, financial aid, book purchasing, and other services occurring each term will only happen twice per academic year instead of three times.
- You will have more time to learn, ask questions and experiment with the material in a course.
- You will be able to build stronger networking relationships with your classmates and instructors.
- If you are taking classes at multiple institutions, it is more likely they will have similar calendars, making it easier on you.
- The transitioning process will allow faculty to review, redesign and update course curriculum and program requirements.