Scholarship and Financial Aid
Study Abroad Scholarship
The Office of International Education is able to offer a limited amount of scholarships to students for participating in study abroad programs. Scholarship amounts may vary from program to program, and from year to year.
- Be a student of Sinclair Community College when applying.
- Be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- Be in good disciplinary standing regarding Sinclair’s Student Code of Conduct and Academic Integrity Policy.
- Be at least 18 years old when the program begins.
- Must not have received a study abroad scholarship within the current academic year.
How to Apply
To apply students need to submit a Study Abroad Scholarship Application. To complete the application, students must do the following:
- Provide academic information about themselves
- Briefly describe their financial need
- Provide contact information for at least one faculty recommendation
- Write two short essays
If you receive federal financial aid, it may be possible to use these funds towards a study abroad program that awards academic credit. To discuss this possibility, students should meet with a financial aid advisor at Sinclair.