Parent Information

Application Process

Getting Started

  • Applicants requesting services should contact Disability Services at (937) 512-5113 to discuss required documentation.
  • Students are encouraged to register with Disability Services six months prior to their enrollment at Sinclair Community College.
  • Students are encouraged to contact Enrollment Services to apply for admission to the college prior to applying for services with Disability Services.


Step 1. Submit all of the following.


Step 2. Schedule an intake interview.

  • Once all documentation materials have been received and reviewed, you will be sent a postcard instructing you to call Disability Services to schedule an intake interview.
  • The intake interview is designed to discuss:
    1. Services a student is eligible to receive based upon the documentation submitted
    2. Disability-related needs
    3. Preparations for attending college
  • The student and their parents are invited to attend the intake interview which should be scheduled prior to entering Sinclair. This meeting will be held with a Counselor in Disability Services.


Additional Information
All documents submitted are placed in a confidential student file and will not be returned to the applicant nor forwarded to any agency or other college or university. We suggest you submit copies, keeping the original documents for your use at a later time.

Submit Forms To:
Sinclair Community College
Disability Services, Room 10421
444 West Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402

Counseling Intake Form

Click here for a downloadable Counseling Intake form.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

FERPA is a piece of Federal legislation which protects privacy of students records in the post-secondary institutions. If you want a member of Disability Services (DDS) Staff to speak with family/guardian/or other individual, you are asked to consider this material and speak with your counselor regarding signing a copy for each individual you provide permission for DDS to speak with on a quarterly basis. This does not provide permission for staff outside DDS. Should you want to provide permission to other staff/faculty at Sinclair, speak with Enrollment Services in Building 10, Room 10444 regarding signing documentation for the college to keep in your educational file.

High School versus College

Student, parent, and school responsibilities differ between the high school and college levels. Click here to learn more about those differences.