Early Childhood Education Center
The Early Childhood Education Center is conveniently located on the Dayton Sinclair campus (Building 9, First Floor) at the northeast corner of West Fifth and South Perry streets.
The Early Childhood Education Center is five star rated by Step Up To Quality and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
The center follows the Sinclair's academic calendar. Visit Academic Calendar to view the days of operation. The center is open from Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
The classrooms follow the Creative Curriculum approach. The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- Is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- Offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- Contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
Visit the Creative Curriculum Website
Building 9, Room 101