Activity Programming ACP.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 12 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
Effective as of Fall 2014
What is the program about?
Provides basic skills and knowledge for activity programming professionals who work in services for the aging population including long-term care facilities. Certificate meets the Ohio Board of Health requirement for education as activity program professional. National Council for Certified Activity Professionals awards a certificate for graduates.
- Conduct assessment for individuals residing in long-term care facilities to determine activities that would benefit their health.
- Prepare activity planning for long-term care facilities.
- Describe and apply the functions of planning, organizing, leading, staffing, and controlling to lead to better staffing and retention.
- Describe the characteristics of the role of the leader of an activity department, including ethical expectation and tasks of the leader.
- Describe and apply various documentation requirements for long-term care facilities.
- Describe and apply various activity treatment modalities at practicum site.
Facilities that serve the aging populations hire persons with Activity Director Certification, and Activity Professionals are preferred when promotions or special projects become available.
The NCCAP certificate is awarded to the short term certificate completers.
- Courses may be taken in any order
- Online and independent study options
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog