Sinclair College helps individuals turn dreams into achievable goals through accessible, high quality, affordable learning opportunities. With over 220 degree and certificate options to pick from, there is a wide range of courses across academic and technical subjects. Become a Sinclair graduate and make your goals happen, whether that is to learn a new skill, qualify for a new job or start your career.
Undecided about what academic path to pursue?
Academic advisors help you define educational goals and provide information, encouragement and advice for making good decisions. We listen to concerns, ask questions to help you through the decision-making process and maintain confidentiality.
Prospective students should call 937-512-3700 to schedule an advising appointment. Current students can schedule your advising appointment here or visit the Academic Advising Center website.
Other Academic Paths
International Education and Study Abroad
International Education actively promotes international and intercultural understanding. Our staff members are committed to the enrichment of Sinclair and strive to provide the best services and support to international students and various college department and offices. To learn more about International Education and Study Abroad programs at Sinclair, please visit the International Education office in Building 10, Room 303.
Appalachian Outreach collaborates with college and community partners to provide programs and services that help eliminate educational and social barriers, champion the benefits of post-secondary education and life-skills training, and promote Appalachian cultural awareness at Sinclair and in the community.
The School Partnerships department at Sinclair offers programs designed to expose and prepare youth for higher education including College Credit Plus, Project Leads the Way, and Tech Prep.
- College Credit Plus: College Credit Plus gives high school students the opportunity to take college courses and receive college credit for free, while still in high school.
- Project Leads the Way (PLTW): PLTW students have exclusive access to a variety of recognition opportunities including scholarships, preferred admission at colleges and universities, internships, industry connections, and other avenues to highlight their achievements.
- Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium (MVTPC) Grades 9-12: The MVTPC enables students to meaningfully experience a career/technical field of study at the high school level and simultaneously earn college credits. Tech Prep students can graduate from high school with college credits posted on a Sinclair transcript and earn Sinclair’s Tech Prep Scholarship, allowing them to pursue and complete a wide variety of certificates and degree programs in preparation for industry specific jobs and/or additional post-secondary education at four-year colleges and universities. For more information please visit the web site at www.mvtechprep.org.
Student Enrichment Programs
The Student Enrichment Programs at Sinclair offers services designed to expose and prepare youth for higher education including Fast Forward, Mentoring Collaborative, Think College, Upward Bound, and Young Scholars.
- Educational Talent Search: This program identifies and assists individuals from eligible backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education.
- Fast Forward Center: This award-winning center serves youth who have previously dropped out of high school by returning them to high school and securing a positive placement upon graduation (employment, military, or post-secondary education).
- Mentoring Collaborative of Montgomery County (MCMC): The Mentoring Collaborative serves to network all agencies providing mentoring services for youth and to train and certify both the agencies and individual mentors within our partner agencies.
- Think College: This program is designed to collaborate with partnering schools and community organizations, in an effort to build and strengthen career and post-secondary educational opportunities for pre-high school students and families in the Miami Valley region.
- Upward Bound: Upward Bound is a federally funded, pre-college program that helps provide motivation and academic skills to students to complete their high school education successfully, enroll in, and graduate from college.
- Young Scholars: Young Scholars, Sinclair’s first pre-college program, prepares first-generation students within Montgomery County, Ohio, to be academically ready to pursue higher education.
Workforce Development for Employers and Individuals
Sinclair Workforce Development partners with the region's industry leaders to provide professional development training opportunities and resources that are relevant to the demands of today's competitive job market. Offering a wide array of innovative programs and services in organizational and professional development, emerging markets, leadership, information technology, advanced manufacturing, industry credentials, online learning and more, Sinclair Workforce Development is a first-stop solution for employers and individuals looking to take their skills to the next level.
Take Non-Credit Courses with College for Lifelong Learning
Adults of any age may enroll in non-credit seminars and workshops. Classes meet on campuses and at various sites across the community. Topics range from Introduction to Personal Computers and Managing Money to Dayton History and more. Some classes carry a modest fee to cover instructional costs, while others are free. A schedule of classes is available on the College for Lifelong Learning web page.