Educational Talent Search
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a pre-college program of Sinclair Community College funded by a Federal TRIO grant from the U.S. Department of Education that identifies and assists individuals from eligible backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling and holistic support to its participants within targeted schools and works collaboratively with parents/families, school administrators and staff, and community stakeholders to achieve stipulated objectives and empower comprehensive student success.
The mission of the Sinclair Community College Educational Talent Search Program is to increase the likelihood that participants graduate from high school and go on to enroll in and complete post-secondary education.
We envision a program that works efficiently to offer high quality services and resources to participants, yields favorable outcomes, and fosters equitable, healthy student development in a positive, encouraging, and engaging environment.
- Academic, financial, career, and personal counseling
- Exposure to college campuses, cultural experiences, enrichment opportunities, and academic programs
- Information on post-secondary education and student financial assistance
- Assistance with completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance with preparing for college entrance exams and other standardized tests
- Career exploration and aptitude assessments
- Tutorial services and academic intervention
- Mentoring programs and resources
- Advice about entry or re-entry to secondary or post-secondary programs
- Annual summer enrichment program for rising 9th graders
- Supplemental activities and personal development workshops (e.g., study skills, financial literacy, etc.)
- Workshops for the families of participants
ETS serves students in grades 7 – 12 in the Dayton Public Schools District at Belmont High School, Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, Meadowdale Career Technology Center, Edwin Joel Brown Middle School, Wogaman Middle School, and Wright Brothers Middle School. The program also serves students in grades 6 – 12 in the Northridge Local Schools District at Northridge High School and Northridge Middle School. The majority of program participants must be prospective first-generation college students who meet federal income guidelines.
Program applications are located at Belmont High School, Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, Meadowdale Career Technology Center, and Northridge High School in the respective main offices and onsite ETS offices. Students may also apply online by selecting respective buttons below. Applications are accepted year-round.
Hours of Operation and Locations
Monday – Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Belmont High School – 2615 Wayne Avenue, Dayton, OH 45420
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School – 1400 Albritton Drive, Dayton, OH 45417
- Meadowdale Career Technology Center – 3873 Whitestone Court, Dayton, OH 45416
- Northridge High School – 2008 Timber Lane, Dayton, OH 45414
Sinclair ETS at Dayton Public Schools
Shola Odumade - Project Director, Belmont HS Room 1219
O: 937-542-6535 | C: 937-307-8733
Jason Carr - Program Coordinator/Advisor, Dunbar HS, Room 1114-E
O: 937-542-6818 | C: 937-307-2957
Lisa Hubbard - Program Coordinator/Advisor, Meadowdale CTC, Room 1224
O: 937-542-7085 | C: 937-307-9132
Hannah Zickgraf - Program Coordinator/Advisor | Belmont HS, Room 1220
O: 937-542-6478 | C: 937-307-3546
Phyllis Salter - PT Academic Advisor | Belmont HS, Room 1220
O: 937-542-6478 | C: 937-371-5549
Gerard Williams, II - Administrative Assistant | Sinclair College, Room 19-103 F
O: 937-512-5185 | C: 937-371-7148
Sinclair ETS at Northridge Local Schools
Tamala Moore - Project Director | Northridge HS, Main Office
O: 937-275-7469 ext. 2141| C: 937-417-2520
Jason Wong - Program Coordinator/Advisor | Northridge HS, Main Office
O: 937-275-7469 ext. 2141| C: 937-417-2454
Maureen Byam - PT Administrative Assistant | Northridge HS, Main Office
O: 937-275-7469 ext. 2141| C: 937-417-2923