- Please email our office with any concerns or questions regarding Appalachian Outreach programs or events. The Coordinator will contact you within 24 hours or email Nora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appalachian Outreach collaborates with college and community partners to provide programs and services that help eliminate educational and social barriers, champion the benefits of post-secondary education and life-skills training, and promote Appalachian cultural awareness at Sinclair and in the community.
- Life Coaching to assist in maneuvering college and life issues.
- IMAGE/ICCP Assessment for students unsure of career direction.
- Appalachian identity efforts to assist students in better understanding our culture.
- Community service outreach to Dayton's Appalachian neighborhoods.
- Development and nurturing collaborative partnerships with college and community leaders to design and support programs that celebrate Appalachian identity, culture and values, and the rich diversity within our community.
Service Information Request
If you would like to request information regarding Appalachian Outreach services, receive reminders and/or RSVP for the Appalachian Community Breakfast, please click on the Service Information Request button below to complete the request form.
Appalachian Outreach Department Scholarship:
To qualify, students must meet the following:
The following scholarships are offered through the Sinclair Foundation to assist students of Appalachian heritage.
- Jack and Ann Klein Scholarship: To qualify, students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and be enrolled part-time (11 credit hours or fewer)
- William Pearl and Mae Morgan Scholarship: To qualify, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, be of Appalachian descent from Eastern Kentucky or West Virginia within the past three generations, and be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or fewer).
- Our Common Heritage Scholarship: To qualify, students must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA, be degree seeking and enrolled in at least 4 credit hours, and be of Appalachian decent within the past three generations.
Click here for details.
Applications are open at www.sinclair.edu/scholarships June 1-30 for Fall semester , November 1-30 for Spring semester, and March 1-30 for Summer semester.
Appalachian Community Update Breakfast
The Appalachian Community Update Breakfast occurs on a quarterly basis and is comprised of local Appalachian community residents and leaders, and members of Sinclair faculty, staff and students. The breakfast serves as a way to share information and provide support for the community and educational initiatives. The Community Update Breakfasts will be from 8:00 am to 9:30 am in Building 7, Room 006 on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Wednesday, February 11, 2021