Upward Bound (UB) is a Pre-College Program funded by the U.S. Department of Education for the purpose of assisting eligible high school students who plan to pursue a college education. Since 1995, Sinclair Upward Bound has provided services and activities oriented towards high school graduation and college readiness.
The mission of the Sinclair Community College Upward Bound Program is to increase the likelihood that participants successfully graduate from high school and go on to enroll in and complete post-secondary education.
We envision a program that employs best practices to provide intensive, individualized advising, connect students to resources, and implements equitable curriculum, programming, and interactions to ensure student success.
Sinclair’s Upward Bound serves 149 students each year.
What does Upward Bound offer?
- Weekly After-School Tutoring
- Campus Nights and Super Saturdays
- Test Prep: ACT, SAT, OST, etc.
- College Visits
- Cultural Activities & Overnight Trips
- Community Service Projects
- College and Career Readiness
- Educational Technology
- Summer Programs
- Six-Week Summer Academy Program for Continuing High School Students
- Summer Bridge – Recent High School Graduates Earn College Credit and Receive SupportTransitioning to College
- Students will also receive stipend checks for participating in the program!
- Student must be either a first-generation college student (neither parent has earned a four-year degree) and/or considered low income per the Federal TRIO Programs Current-Year Low-Income Levels
- Student must attend one of the following schools...
- David H. Ponitz Career Technology Center
741 W Washington St, Dayton, OH 45402
- Belmont High School
2615 Wayne Ave, Dayton, OH 45420
- Meadowdale Career Technology Center
3873 Whitestone Ct, Dayton, OH 45416
- Thurgood Marshall High School
4447 Hoover Ave, Dayton, OH 45417
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School
1400 Albritton Dr, Dayton, OH 45417
- New applicants must be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grade