Business Foundations Specialist BFS.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 33 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
This certificate takes the Entrepreneurship and Business Foundations STC one step further by preparing existing or potential entrepreneurs with background issues in skills such as customer service and negotiation techniques by addressing the application of basic principles of negotiation through the introduction and analysis of the negotiation process, case studies, and simulations. This certificate contains foundational courses that apply towards AAS in Business Management/Entrepreneurship.
- Obtain the necessary tools to successfully reenter society and gain viable employment.
- Demonstrate mastery of business planning components in order to develop a final business plan to present to the guest review board.
Demonstrate and apply solid business communication skills as exhibited throughout written and oral presentations.
- Identify and apply contracting negotiations ethically and legally.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and terms when developing financial, marketing, and business plans.
Students completing this certificate can expect to be prepared to begin their own business or to work in larger companies in an entrepreneurial role.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.