Cyber Investigation CYSEC.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 33 - 34 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
Effective as of Fall 2018
What is the program about?
Students will learn computer network protection, maintenance and usage of computer hardware and software, management of networks and operating systems, and criminal and constitutional law and IT criminal investigation, which includes evidence procedures and computer forensics.
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills in the analysis of digital crimes, chain of custody, and cyber security and the process to find and recover data.
- Develop programs, databases and business techniques to identify and or resolve cyber crimes, including the development of plans for incident analysis and avoidance.
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills in the analysis of digital crimes and cyber security Describe collection of evidence consistent with standard criminal justice chain of evidence procedures to maximize prosecutorial effectiveness while minimizing legal defense challenges and legal liabilities.
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills in the analysis of digital crimes and cyber security Diagnose and prescribe solutions to hardware, networks and operating systems problems.
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills in the analysis of digital crimes and cyber security issues, problem solving strategies, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation, assessment, adaption and application of computer forensic techniques.
The Cyber Investigation Certificate will prepare students for careers in the areas of computer network protection, managing networks and operating systems and IT criminal investigation, which includes evidence procedures and computer forensics.Job titles include but are not limited to: Intelligence Analyst, IT Specialist (Government Breakout Codes 2210), Systems Administrator, Network Engineer, Information System Security Manager, Cyber Security Incident Response Specialist and Private Investigator.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.