Data Analytics DATA.S.AAS
Associate of Applied Science - 63 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
Effective as of Fall 2018
Get the education and skills to become a Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Manager, Visualization Analyst, or Business Systems Analyst.
What is the program about?
Students will be prepared for entry-level data analytics positions requiring knowledge, setup and usage of business intelligence and data analysis solutions. Students will have the ability to extract, curate, wrangle, and visualize data in a way that is meaningful to a variety of organizations. Course work will include database concepts, data modeling, Structured Query Language (SQL), data analysis and visualization, data mining tools, mathematical and statistical techniques, project management and systems analysis. Emphasis is placed on strong communication skills necessary to interact with key stakeholders to achieve their desired objectives.
- Create, document and implement computer software solutions given a definition of a problem and requirements for a solution.
- Construct database design, programming SQL, and database application skills to solve business and information technology problems. Analyze and effectively communicate business solutions with stakeholders.
- Describe the need for an Information Systems methodology and the phases of the Systems Design; assess, develop and implement data analytic solutions.
- Develop systems documentation including project plan, process models, data models, structure charts and user interface designs. Examine the phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
Opportunities include positions such as Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Manager, Visualization Analyst, and Business Systems Analyst.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.