Digital Media Design DMD.S.AAS
Associate of Applied Science - 62 - 64 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2023
What is the program about?
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Digital Media Design will prepare students for careers and transfer degrees in digital media. In this interdisciplinary program, students select a pathway specific to their interest -- Video Production or Web Design. The program is creative, fast paced, and in demand by most businesses. Students will develop the knowledge and technical skills necessary to produce and design quality videos or web applications. Creativity, problem-solving and the design process are stressed. Advanced computer skills, portfolio development and job-seeking strategies are also incorporated into the curriculum.
- Discuss the history fundamentals and basic theories of design.
- Demonstrate adequate written and oral communication skills.
- Recognize, understand and communicate the language and jargon of design.
- Demonstrate design concepts at various stages of development using research, the design process and appropriate software and tools.
- Understand and develop digital media concepts including video production or web design using traditional and computer-based design tools.
- Demonstrate the business fundamentals of digital media design.
- Apply critical thinking, creative problem-solving and research skills to develop unique and innovative design solutions.
- Develop professional quality portfolios.
Graduates from this program will be able to obtain positions in the field of video production (television, internet, live broadcasts, home or other purposes) or web design (web designer and coding, user experience/user interface design, search engine optimization, and motion design).
Articulations agreements with Columbus College of Art and Design, Wright State University (Lake Campus), Franklin University and Art Academy of Cincinnati.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.