Energy Management Technology EGMT.S.ATS
Associate of Technical Studies - 60 - 61 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Energy Management Technology
Effective as of Fall 2017
What is the program about?
This program provides students with the skills and knowledge to work in the emerging field of energy management, with an emphasis on performance of energy audits and improving building energy efficiency. Upon completing this program, students will have the ability to perform energy audits, assess energy efficiency and control strategies for energy-consuming equipment, and prepare energy management plans. Note: This program requires an approved ATS application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the process. When applying for admission to Sinclair, select the Associate of Arts (LA.S.AA) degree. Upon your ATS application being approved, you will be moved into this program of study.
- Apply fundamental technical principles to evaluation of energy systems.
- With knowledge of building envelope, building mechanical & building electrical systems, perform an energy audit & prepare a complete report with recommendations for savings opportunities.
- Demonstrate professionalism through ethical behavior, demonstrating sensitivity to individuals of other cultures, & conveying a global perspective on energy issues.
- Develop an energy management plan.
- Assess a site for the use of renewable energy technologies & prepare a proposal for installation, taking into account applicable codes & standards, utility rate structures, economics & safety.
- Effectively communicate technical information.
Students can find employment doing energy audits, building performance testing, & in consulting & sales related to improving energy efficiency of facilities.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.