Processes for Interior Design IND.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 24 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
This certificate provides students with an introduction in the field of interior design. It will include the following introduction to the design process: problem solving techniques, space planning, production selection, ADA compliancy, ergonomics, lighting, color, furniture placement and accessorizing, scaled floor plan, elevation and detail drawings, defining/applying architectural and interior-related materials, estimating/budgeting products, writing specifications; and, presentation skills.
- Discuss the history, fundamentals and basic theories of interior design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business fundamentals of interior design.
- Apply critical and creative problem-solving skills to a variety of interior design issues.
- Recognize, understand and use the language and jargon of interior design.
- Develop professional quality presentations; and, demonstrate adequate written and oral communication skills.
- Develop and demonstrate interior design drawings.
This certificate can provide students an opportunity to support entry level interior design positions. Many opportunities exist in retail stores (paint, flooring, lighting, and furniture), home staging, visual merchandising and as an interior designer's assistant.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.