Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair MLR.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 14 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Effective as of Fall 2014
What is the program about?
This certificate provides the skills and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses included in the certificate will prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance and Light Repair Certification (ASE G1) test.
- Diagnose automotive electrical and accessory system problems. Utilize DVOM meters and other electrical testing equipment to troubleshoot batteries, charging and lighting systems.
- Diagnose/repair brake, antilock and power booster systems. Diagnose/repair suspension and steering components. Perform vehicle alignment.
- Diagnose and repair heating and air conditioning systems for proper operation. Included is manual and automatic climate control system diagnosis and repair
- Perform oil change service, tire rotation, vehicle inspections, water leak and wind-noise diagnosis and other general vehicle maintenance service
Career opportunities are available in positions for automotive maintenance technicians in dealerships, independent shops and maintenance repair facilities. In addition, graduates are also employed as service managers, shop foremen, parts managers, sales representatives or automotive instructors.
Students will be prepared to pass their ASE G1 test. This test was new in 2013.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog