Associate of Arts - 60 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
Sociology is the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. The Associates of Arts in Sociology can lead to successful transfer to a four-year college or university baccalaureate program. Sociology provides 21st century skills for all students regardless of the major: The ability to critically analyze social problems/issues necessary for responsible decision making; a systematic approach to information gathering and interpretations of data; a fundamental comprehension of multi-cultural differences and global diversity. With an associateâ€™s, students can begin working in the field as paraprofessionals in social service & business settings. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements for most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer 36 in order to graduate.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate the ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation through an understanding of the sociological theories, perspective, scientific method and data analysis.
Completion of this program guarantees completion of the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM). OTM courses are guaranteed to transfer to any public institution in Ohio on a course-by-course basis or in total.Formal articulation agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair programs and courses will transfer to other institutions.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.