Workforce Readiness WFR.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 6 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Criminal Justice Science
Effective as of Summer 2021
What is the program about?
The Workforce Readiness certificate will provide students skills to help returning citizens overcome reentry and employment barriers.
- Practice professional attitude and work ethics related to situations in business and industry
- Use specialized terminology effectivelt.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to reintegrate back into society by evaluating it from a personal, social, and occupational perspective.
- Apply appropriate customer service skills in a variety of settings such as face-to-face, telephone, and online.
This certificate will start students on the path of workforce readiness. As this certificate is taken through AJT, students will use the classes in this certificate to further build skills to earn additional credentials and ultimately end up in a career field upon release.
While there are no direct transfer agreements for this certificate specifically, this short-term certificate will embed into a degree where transfer agreements do exist. Currently, we are working on transfer agreements with Kent State, Franklin, and OU.
This certificate is not aimed at preparing a student for licensure.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
There are no accreditations associated with this certificate.
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.