Academic Intervention, Probation, Dismissal
- All students must maintain a minimum academic performance of at least a 2.0 GPA cumulatively (2.0 or greater).
- Students will be placed on the following academic standards:
- First semester below 2.0 GPA - Academic Intervention
- Second consecutive semester below a 2.0 GPA - Academic Probation
- Third consecutive semester below a 2.0 GPA - Academic Dismissal
- Students will be returned to good academic standing when a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater is earned.
- Students who are on academic intervention will receive correspondence that refers students to academic advisors, faculty advisors and Student Services for advising, academic assistance, and information on the impact on financial aid.
- Students who are on academic probation must be seen by an academic advisor or faculty advisor to:
- Register or add classes
- Receive additional support information or assistance
- Students whose semester GPA is 2.0 or greater but whose cumulative GPA would cause them to be dismissed will be granted an additional probationary period for each semester in which the semester GPA is 2.0 or greater.
Please visit the Financial Aid Policies page for information about how your academic status may affect your financial aid.
If you have been academically dismissed please review the readmission information.