How to Succeed in eLearn (HTS)
Students who want to take online or FlexPace courses are required to complete How to Succeed in eLearn (HTS). It is recommended for students taking blended or in-person courses. Anyone with a Sinclair username and password may take HTS.
- HTS is a FREE online tutorial that's available anytime
- It is not for credit or a grade
- HTS is self-paced and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
- HTS teaches you how to use eLearn
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Log into my.sinclair.edu (note: you must have a Sinclair username and password.)
- Locate the eLearn tile, and click on eLearn.
- On the eLearn homepage, scroll down and click on the How to Succeed in eLearn link inside the How to Succeed in eLearn widget (the box in the right-hand column near the bottom of the page.)
- Click on Enroll in Course, then Open Course.
- When How to Succeed in eLearn opens, follow the instructions under Start Here.
- If you do not complete HTS right away, you may return to the tutorial later by clicking on the HTS link under My Courses on your eLearn homepage.
For help, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 937-512-4357.
Proof of HTS Completion
- In your How to Succed in eLearn course shell, click on the grades tab. If you completed HTS successfully, the bottom line will be "Congratulations, you have completed How to Succeed in eLearn." -OR-
- You may also access your completion certificate from any of your eLearn courses. Inside your course, click on the Progress tab and choose Awards or follow these instructions on accessing HTS certificate (PDF).
What is eLearn?
- eLearn is Sinclair’s Learning Management System (LMS).
- eLearn is used for online, FlexPace, blended, and in-person classes!
- Watch and listen to the overview of eLearn video.