- Students will be required to take the TEAS exam after all developmental courses have been completed, and prior to starting any limited enrollment/restricted program courses. Based on your program of study, your academic advisor may suggest taking some coursework such as math or science prior to taking the TEAS exam.
Students will be informed in their initial advising appointment about the TEAS exam requirement. The student will be advised of the following information:
Complete all DEV coursework if applicable
Take TEAS (or confirm eligibility for waiver)
Students with a Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in any discipline or an Associate's degree in a healthcare program (excluding the Health Science degree) from a regionally accredited institution within the United States can have the TEAS waived. Students must see an Academic Advisor to verify eligibility for a TEAS waiver. If the student has taken the TEAS at another institution within the previous five years, these results may be used.
TEAS scores are valid for five (5) years, after that time period, the test must be retaken.
- Students must contact an Academic Advisor PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR THE TEAS EXAM, to be deemed eligible to take the test.
- Information regarding the TEAS can also be found on the Health Sciences (HS) website, as well as on the HS departments' websites.
- The TEAS exam is administered at all Sinclair locations (Main Campus, Englewood, Huber Heights, Centerville and Mason). Information can be found at the Sinclair Testing Center website.
NOTE: Five copies of the Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills are housed on reserve in the Sinclair Library for student use. A study guide is also available for purchase on the ATI website.
- Students are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss their results, as well as the opportunities available for remediation.
- Students will not be permitted to enter their program of interest, or be put on the program eligibility list, until the TEAS requirement is completed.
- Studying for the TEAS:
To access the free elearn TEAS practice exam and test strategy resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your Sinclair email account with your name and tartan ID requesting access. This elearn shell is the most-up-to-date Sinclair TEAS resource.
Download the “Sinclair Health Sciences Study Guide” at the Library Website that has basic practice test questions.
Visit the Tutoring and Learning Center for tutoring support in content area and/or test taking and study strategies. Writing Lab, Math Lab, and BIOSIS have TEAS assistance.
- Dishonesty in any form is prohibited. Violations will be reported and may result in disciplinary action by the Student Conduct Board and/or the invalidation of test scores. Students enrolled in any Health Sciences program must adhere to all applicable college and department policies which includes and is not limited to Sinclair Community College Student Code of Conduct Handbook.
Students seeking additional information should contact an Academic Advisor at 937-512-3700 or by calling the department office of the program they are applying to enter.