AGR 1300 Agronomy
Crop growth and development, pesticide safety and application, properties of the soil, and conservation practices of Ohio’s row crops are all covered in detail in this engaging curriculum dealing with the form and function of the crops that shape agriculture in Ohio, and the practices that we as agriculturalists take daily to keep them healthy and pertinent in society.
Division: Business and Public Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Understand and promote adoption of conservation practices.
- Identify, characterize, and classify soil profiles and analyze the relationships between soil and the many potential uses of soil.
- Invest plant processes driving growth, development, and economic production by crop plants.
- Examine strategies and principles of the best crop production methods.
- Identify ethical pesticide management practices.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3